Never completed contract, walked off, never came back. The portion they did complete was not performed in accordance with the guidelines, procedures and requirements of the manufacturer and drawings provided. Had no choice but to go to court to recover the cost to not only complete the work, but to correct what they did not do correctly.
Court/jury finding: 04/07/2016 …”Jury delberates and returns with verdict:
1) Defts breached the contract;
2) Defendants deviated from standard of care;
3) Defendants’ deviation from standard care was NOT a cause of damages incurred by Plantiffs’
4) Defendants provided an express warranty;
5) Defendants breached the express warranty;
6) Defendants violated the MD Consumer Protection Act;
7) Amount of damages sustained by the Plantiffs: (a) $0 Compensatory Damages (b) $20,500 Consequestial Damages. Judgement will be joint and several among the Defendants.” We were also awarded $23,931.50 in legal fees.
To this date they have not paid one cent ($.01). And, because the $20,500 it cost to complete the pool installation and correct what he incorrectly installed was called “consequestial” the MHIC says they can’t pay from his guarranty fund, so what exactly to they pay????? The word needs to get around, this can’t keep happening to people. It’s not the first time either–LET IT BE THE LAST!!!!!