I recently signed financing papers for a 2011 Nissan Cube vin jn8az2kr6bt204955. Monday 6/22/15 I just happened to be driving by the dealership when I decided to see what they had in stock, I checked online to see what the reviews were, whilst in the parking lot, they seemed ok, so I decided to check the items they had in stock, I noticed an older gentleman walking out the door to approach me, he brought me in to the show room before I even had a chance to look at any vehicles on the lot. He asked what kind of payment I was looking for, I explained what payment I could do, I also told him I would prefer to put $0 down. But could put $500 down if absolutely necessary. Three hours after I gave them the down payment, they stated that they needed $200 more. Flash forward to today 6/26/15 when I went to the dealership to give them back The vehicle because I was refusing to keep it, when I asked him why did you have me sit around for 4 hours the first day was here, the manager told me that “the credit union was not open so they had to wait until the following day.” My initial thought was If the credit union wasn’t open, how would they have known that they needed another $200 to secure the financing?
Before I ever signed to purchase the vehicle on 6/23/15 they let me take the car home, stating that they were going to work on getting a better financing rate, but to get to the point where I was sent home with the car, I waited 4 hours for them to “work on the financing” whilst my 2 children were running a muck through out the dealership, this seemed to be a tactic to stress me out to the point where I would just sign the papers with out reading them just to get out of there, luckily my husband was here to help with the children, but it was undoubtedly a very stressful time indeed. I took the car home 6/22/15 and brought it to the shop to be checked out, the mechanic explained to me that the transmission was slipping it wouldn’t shift into a higher gear when driving down the highway and would rev at six grand until the accelerator pedal was released and furthermore the car would also raise the idol on declining ground.
When I went back to the dealership the next day6/23/15 my spouse was unable to go with me, which was scary because he is the one who deals with all of the finances in the household, but the men at the dealership insisted that I come back at this time, so I did.. I explained to the people at the dealership that I was not satisfied with the vehicle at all, I told them explicitly that I didn’t want the vehicle, I cited the following reasons as to why I didn’t want the vehicle, first there was a severe smoke smell in the car I explained that the smell made me sick, and also explained that my mechanic told me that the transmission isn’t working properly, one gentlemen Robbie Taska stated that they could do an extended warranty on it, he didn’t introduce his self but he did offer a warranty to me. I explained that I still didn’t want the vehicle, another salesman stated that he would take the vehicle out for a ride to check it out, this man was in his early 30’s had a small build.
So when he returned from the test drive he confirmed that the idle was odd whilst going down a hill, this man stated that this was “normal” for a cvt transmission. He didn’t check it on a highway to witness the lack of shifting. The sales manager George Salha explained that he worked really hard to get me the loan, and that I wouldn’t have gotten a loan if he didn’t do that work, and also explained if I didn’t get a car from them I wouldn’t get financing. I asked him what kind of interest rate he got and he said, what does it matter! And refused to tell me, “I kept it within the price range you asked for”, he made it seem like I owed him for doing that work. I felt backed into a corner at this point. Wafic Saad talked to me a bit after the contract was sighed I complained that the entire thing felt wrong and he explained that I would have to deal with it because my credit was bad stating that I could refinance later on. George Salha offered me a copy of my credit report, I looked at my score, it seemed peculiar because the 2 reports they gave me from transunion were different by 40 points. The one attached to the loan agreement said one thing and the one he gave me prior to signing said a different number, but was same day and the same company as the other. I told the staff that there were vehicles posted for sale online through other dealerships with far lower miles, at the same price.
No one seemed to care, but it is posted on their website that they guarantee competitive prices. This is false advertisement. The sales manager George Salha explained that he could sell me a different vehicle, but explained that it would cost me more, and I would have to wait another day to see if the financing would come through, he was rushing me along and explained that because of my credit I wouldn’t be able to get financing anywhere else. He stated that he could offer me a 2012 leaf at 13000 I explained that if I was going to purchase a different vehicle I wanted to do some research. I later looked that identical leaf up on the website and noticed that it was listed for 11000, after the fact this really made me worry about the integrity of the men I was dealing with. I didn’t want to purchase the vehicle, I felt forced to sign the papers as I didn’t have a ride home otherwise since my husband wasn’t there, the staff at Girard Nissan knew this, and took advantage of me. They told me to come back Friday for the registration and plates for the vehicle. I called Girard Nissan on Tuesday no one returned my call, I called Wednesday, no one returned my call, I called Thursday and finally the sales manager called me back around 6pm. George Salha fought with me over the phone about the car, and explained that I should just come in Friday to go over the situation.
On 6/26/15 I went to the dealership explained my extreme dissatisfaction to the manager, but he explained to me that the vehicle was mine now, so I would have to take it up with the bank, I explained that I would speak to a lawyer to see what my rights were, he boastingly said “go again you better get two of them”, and explained that I would not accept the vehicle and left the keys on the counter. Is there anything that can be done about this? I signed the papers on Wednesday evening, called the dealership Thursday to explain I didn’t want the vehicle, and then I returned the keys today(Friday). I was going to write a notice of rescinding the contract, do I have a right to do this even if there is a “no cooling period” clause in the contract?