Thor caused me to live and sleep in a dangerous and unhealthy environment from March 15 to October 3rd, just because they didn’t want to accept responsibility for an interior gas fume problem which was caused at their manufacturer due to negligence. An emergency diagnostic test which should have been done by Thor in March was performed in September by Rich Ford in Albuquerque NM. The test showed the fuel tank had a hole drilled in the top of tank by Thor Manufacturer while installing my house on Ford’s chassis.
As a result, the tank was pulled and a new tank was installed by Rich Ford on October 2nd. I was as amazed by this finding as Rich Ford’s employees. Who stated, “you are a lucky woman; you could have easily died of asphyxiation and/or developed more health issues due to this situation,” employees said. More than anything else, I suffered from headaches, asthma attacks, raspy and hoarse voice which I never had before, and still exit. Further, I had a heart-attack when my son died in October 2014; open-heart and mitral valve replacement in March 2017, and a stroke in August 2017, I replied. You’re really blessed to have survived those major health issues. “You didn’t need Thor to add anything else to it,” another employee said.
Further, when I did a walk-thru of my mobile home with Jordan Buckley, my salesman on mhrvs dealership lot. I noticed and called Buckley’s attention to warped boards in front of the kitchen sink. “It would take a while to get that area redone. However, I will note it on your Vin# warranty for future repair”, he said. I don’t believe you, was my response. Although, he promised a second time the flaw would be noted on my vin. As expected, a check indicated he didn’t. Buckley’s only goal was to get another mobile home sold from his dealership’s lot for extra bragging rights.
Further, I called Buckley from the shoulder of the highway, while waiting on AAA RV Plus transport truck to return my vehicle back to MHRVS based on an indicator light that appeared on my dashboard. No, don’t bring it back. Let me check something. Upon returning to the phone, Buckley claimed the light was a gas cap issue which should go out in a few more hours into your trip. “You know it’s a brand-new vehicle which hadn’t been driven before. But if the light does not go out you should replace the gas cap. The light never went out but was joined by the engine light. A call to Thor Warranty Center was useless. Support specialist adamantly claimed the dashboard lights were Ford’s responsibility.
I called Ford to discuss the beforementioned indicator lights. Upon contacting Ford and explaining the cap and engine light issues. A service center employee stated, “We are tired of Thor blaming us for problems caused by their manufacturer. The facts are, we only created the chassis which does not include gas caps or engine issues. Thor built your house on a Ford chassis and is responsible for every house issue that occurs. The bottom line is Thor doesn’t claim responsibility for anything, because they don’t want to pay for repairs/replacements.
As a result, I lived with the smell of gas fumes and indicator lights on my dashboard, from March 15 to October 3rd. As well as, warped floor boards in my kitchen. In addition, I was stranded by a failed level jack that would not retract due to a hydraulic fuel leak upon arriving at my Sioux Falls camper ground after purchasing this mobile home. The jack was finally removed by a mechanic and stored in a storage compartment on my mobile home where it still remains. Again, the warranty center does not want to send a new jack to the mhrvs service center for replacement; where I’m waiting on their property for replacement repair items to be shipped.